DON’T LET ANYONE TAKE AWAY YOUR RIGHT TO WORK
If you weren’t hired because:
- you are not a U.S. citizen
- you don’t have a permanent resident card
- you were not born in the U.S.
- the company thought your work documents looked fake
- you don’t speak English, and it’s not necessary to do the job, or
- you were fired so that you could be replaced by a U.S. citizen….
....THEN YOU MAY HAVE BEEN DISCRIMINATED AGAINST
Also, when you get a job, you must show documents that prove your authorization to work in the US and sign a form called an I-9. The I-9 lists the documents you can use to prove work authorization. The employer cannot tell you which of the documents listed that you must provide.