Back to top

Self Help Tools

Work & School
Displaying 1 - 10 of 24

Farmworker News

Summer 2016 edition Welcome En Español

H-2A Contract News

En Español Welcome to New England and New York. Welcome Back from all of us!  We hope you have a good season in 2016, and we hope to see you on one of our visits!

Pine Tree Farmworker Unit

We provide legal services to farmworkers in Maine who harvest apples, broccoli, blueberries and other crops. We travel to labor camps to meet with workers during the harvest seasons. We provide legal services to farmworkers in other New England states and we publish Information for Farmworkers on an annual basis.

H-2A: Health Care

Introduction to affordable health care options for H2A workers, including insurance and emergency Medicaid.

Your H-2A Contract

Information about H-2A Contracts from the 2016 edition of H-2A Contract News.

Información Para Los Trabajadores Agrícolas

Esta información fue elaborada por los Programas de Servicios Legales de New England y Nueva York para trabajadores agrícolas.

Heat Illness

Information for Agricultural Workers from PTLA's Farmworker Unit: The sun and heat can be dangerous. Protect your health. Drink water before you feel thirsty.

Asurans Medikal

Gen yon nouvo lwa ki gen rapò ak asurans medikal nan peyi-a.  Avèk lwa sa-a, anpil moun ke nan USA legalman (sa ta kapab travayè ki gen viza H-2A) pral oblije achte asurans medikal. Asurans medikal se yon bon bagay.  Rezon pou lwa sa-a se pou ede moun jwenn asurans ke yo gen mwayen achte.

Seguro Medico

Hay una nueva ley en los Estados Unidos sobre seguro medico. Bajo esta ley muchas personas que viven legalmente en los Estados Unidos (incluyendo algunos trabajadores H-2A) se le va a requerir que compren seguro medico. Aquí se encuentra más información.

La Historia del Programa H-2

Las visas H-2 son para trabajadores extranjeros sin intención de inmigrar permanentemente a los EE.UU. No hay manera de convertir una visa H-2 en una tarjeta de residencia permanente; tampoco se puede lograr la ciudadanía a través del programa H-2. Más información aquí.