Back to top


farm workerOnce your job ends, you may be eligible for unemployment compensation benefits. You can apply at a State Department of Labor agency where you reside or in the state you worked. Some states accept applications by telephone or the internet. Some states have different rules for calculating your benefits and for counting wages from other states so that you qualify. Where you worked and for how long may determine where you should apply and how much you receive. So when applying, be sure to report every place you worked and ask in what state would you receive the most benefits.

If you have questions or problems getting unemployment benefits, contact one of our offices. If you are denied benefits, contact us immediately - the appeal deadline is very short.

Content Type for Facets: