Pine Tree Legal Assistance has launched a new website to address your legal needs. The web address is www.statesidelegal.org.
The site includes over 300 pieces of information about federal laws and protections for service members and veterans, plus links to answer your legal questions. Topics include:
- Step-by-step guide to VA Disability Claims
- Jim's mailbag - Q and A forum on veterans' issues
- How to challenge your discharge status
- Rights under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (lower interest rates on loans, special rules in home foreclosures, right not to be sued while on active duty)
- Health and Educational benefits
- Special benefits for family members
If you are a service member or veteran, you know that the rules around claiming and securing military-related benefits can be complex and difficult to understand. Stateside Legal answers your questions in Plain English. Pine Tree does not yet have the resources to handle new claims related to veteran or military benefits. Contact Pine Tree’s Bangor office at 942-8241 for help identifying the best resources for those problems.